6.30.2015

TAYLOR SWIFT RIPPED OFF CHILDREN'S SONG

When I first heard Taylor Swift's single "Shake It Off", I thought it sounded familiar. There was something about its peppiness and repetitive lyrics that made me pause—I had heard it before. I knew I had. It haunted me for months.

Recently, I realized why it sounded so familiar to me and I knew that I had to share this discovery to the world and reveal Swift's despicable crime:

She stole the music and lyric ideas from a song I learned in Kindergarten about animals.

It sickens me to know that in a music industry where mimicry and song-stealing is all too prevalent, the artist known for her song-writing abilities and innovation is just as guilty as everyone else. But to steal a song written for CHILDREN?! For the love of all that is good in the world--THE CHILDREN, TAYLOR. HOW COULD YOU? Taking a simple, pure song written with the intent of educating children and slightly tweaking the words to turn it into another hit for your album? It's lazy, it's illegal, and it's nauseating. Regrettably, I must say that I will no longer be listening to your music even more than I wasn't listening to it before.

Now, for the first time on the internet, I am revealing the real words to the song Taylor Swift stole.

It's called "Cows go Moo." And it goes like this:


Down on the farm
The place that has a barn
There are animals
There are animals
They make lots of noise
Some of them are boys
At least that's what people say
That's what people say
But they keep talkin'
Can't stop, won't stop squawkin' 
But they all sound different
So today, I'm gonna tell you what they all say:
The horses go neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh
The chickens go bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk
The sheep go baa, baa, baa, baa, baa
Sheep go baa, sheep go baa
The dogs go bark, bark, bark, bark, bark
The cats go meow, meow, meow, meow, meow
The cows go moo, moo, moo, moo, moo
Cows go moo, cows go moo

Outside the farm
Where they don't have barns
There are animals
There are animals
They have lots to say
They make noise all day
Is that something you know?
Is that something you know?
But they keep talkin'
Can't stop, won't stop squawkin' 
But they all sound different
So today, I'm gonna tell you what they all say:
The snakes go sss, sss, sss, sss, sss
The lions go rawr, rawr, rawr, rawr, rawr
The fish go blub, blub, blub, blub, blub
Fish go blub, fish go blub
The owls go hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot
The frogs go croak, croak, croak, croak, croak
The mice go squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak
Mice go squeak, mice go squeak

(The lovely rap/chant thing was inserted by Ms. Swift and does not appear in the original version)

The chicks go peep, peep, peep, peep, peep
The pigeons go coo, coo, coo, coo, coo
The roosters go cocka doodle deedle doodle doo
Cocka deedle doo, deedle doo
The bees go buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz
The crickets go chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp
But the cows go moo, moo, moo, moo, moo
Cows go moo, cows go moo
Cows go moo
Cows go moo
Cows go moo
Cows go moo

(Jamal Wiggins. Teaching Kidz Stuff © 1992)

Spread the word, friends. Don't let a celebrity use her power and influence to rip off the talents and hard work of a lesser known lyrical genius. We need to expose what she did and make her pay the price. I have a feeling she won't be able to just "shake" this one off. 

Do it for Jamal.

Do it for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment