5.19.2016

I NEED TO VENT ABOUT GILMORE GIRLS

I have a lot of feelings right now, and I don't know where else to vent them to besides the internet because the internet has always been there for me and everyone is really nice on the internet. Also, I don't know what diaries are and I don't have any paper in my entire house.

A few weeks ago, I started watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. I'd been told by way too many people that I would love it so, coincidentally after I no longer had any schoolwork or responsibilities or reasons to live, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and I started watching it. And then before I knew it I was onto the second season. And then the third. I was in love, and I knew I had a problem. And Netflix knows it too. The screen that pops up saying "Are you still watching Gilmore Girls?" from time to time now seems to do it just to spite me. As if it's saying "Are you still watching Gilmore Girls? Sheesh, get a life." 

But how could I not be completely in love with everything about this masterpiece of a television series? The coziness of Star's Hollow, the witty dialogue and references that make me actually laugh out loud at times, the way the town is decorated for Fall and Christmas, Lorelai and Rory's ridiculously awesome relationship, JUST EVERYTHING. Basically, I just really love them. This is a picture of me pretending to be hanging out with them and being really, really creepy and weird about it and it's all sepia-toned like the intro and Carole King is singing and we're all having such a great time together. JUST LOOK AT US.


I apologize if that scared you at all, but I just needed to properly establish how much I love this show before I say what I need to say. Alright. I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

THIS SHOW IS MAKING ME MAD NOW. I'M EMOTIONALLY INVESTED AND WHAT IS HAPPENING IS MAKING ME ANGRY.

I'm in the middle of season 5, and I just have some things to say. And then I promise I will stop and we can all go back to believing I'm a (somewhat) sane person (ish). 

First, Dean. I have never liked Dean. He's always been clingy and annoying and syrupy sweet gross and I don't like him. Now, I'm not saying Jess was the best choice either, because, like, he's got some problems, but if he could work them out and stop being a jerk then I see no reason why he and Rory wouldn't be great together. But Dean. HE'S LAME. And I cannot believe what he and Rory did at the end of season 4 because, um, first of all he is MARRIED and second of all he is LAME and third of all I THOUGHT RORY WAS SMARTER THAN THIS. Like, when did she decide that, with all of her choices of men at Yale now she should just go home instead and get back together with her lame-o ex who is MARRIED and make him get divorced when there was NO REASON why she should have any reason to do that? I would really like to know. I bet it had something to do with her bad cropped hair decision. And, not that I'm a big fan of his anyway, but did anyone else see how undeniably gross and freaky looking he was at the end of season 4? Anyone? Who could find that attractive? I'm just at a loss for words on this and it drives me crazy that she went back for him. Move on, Rory. Dean is gross.

This takes me to the biggest travesty of all: all of this asinine Rory and Dean business is ruining what I've been waiting for for four long seasons of this show: Luke and Lorelai FINALLY getting together. Just when we thought that we were getting to the best part of the series when they start dating, Rory has to go and ruin it and make Lorelai upset and complicate what should have been the happiest episode of everyone's lives. WHY RORY WHY. And she's not the only one ruining this relationship. Lorelai's parents just need to back the heck off and let her be with who she wants to be with. Making Chris pop back up in her life at that wedding made me SO MAD and Lorelai has NO REASON to owe him ANYTHING AT ALL because he was never around as Rory's dad and was a bum and still is a bum and there is just something about him that makes me cringe and want to punch my couch. Luke has ALWAYS been there for her and does SO MUCH for her and Rory and everyone is just getting in the way and making it impossible for me to enjoy that they're together. IT'S NOT FAIR. I CAN'T COMPLETELY ENJOY THIS SHOW ANYMORE BUT I CAN'T STOP WATCHING SO THIS IS A PAIN I HAVE TO LIVE WITH BUT IT SUCKS AND I THINK EVERYTHING IS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE AND IT'S BECAUSE RORY IS DUMB AND LORELAI'S PARENTS ARE DUMB AND EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO BE HAPPY AND LET LUKE AND LORELAI BE TOGETHER.

Whew. I think that was it. Thanks for listening. I just...I just really want everything to go back to the way it was in the first few seasons when everything was happy and nice and Rory wasn't crazy and I still had hope and something to live for. Because at the rate this is going...I might need some therapy. Or a straight jacket or something, because...*whispers* these aren't even real people. Star's Hollow isn't real and none of these characters are alive and it's just a story! IT'S NOT REAL. 

(I can't believe I just typed that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment