9.30.2015

WHAT HAPPENS ON THE BUS DOES NOT STAY ON THE BUS

I witnessed this conversation on public transit today. The parentheses included are my thoughts. 

I promise this actually happened.

Girl 1 (let's call her Agnes): I've been playing Pokemon Y lately, and the graphics are so good. Like, you can get lost in a town and forget what you're doing they're so good. (Hmm. Pokemon. I SHALL EAVESDROP--even though she's practically yelling and obviously feels no shame. Respect.)
Girl 2 (how about Juanita?): Yeah, I've heard it's pretty good.
Agnes:     Yeah, it is. I really love *Pokemon name I do not recognize*, it's just so cute!! (No it's not, Agnes. It's not one of the original 150. GEEZ.
Juanita:   OH YEAH! I love Gengar. 
Agnes:   Oh man, my Gengar is beast. Like, he just destroys everything. (Including your reputation. Right now.)
Juanita:  What Pokemon do you have?
Agnes:     On my current game? (This face)
Juanita:   Yeah. How often do you play it? 
Agnes:     Well, not very much right now. 
Juanita:   I totally hear you. Lots of homework?
Agnes:     No, that's not why. It actually reminds me of my summer fling. (This face)
Juanita:   Yeah?
Agnes:   Yeah. We'd play it together long distance while he was working on the other side of the country, but after the break-up...I'm just not ready to play it again yet. (This face) 

And if this wasn't weird enough, on my walk home I noticed something small and white rustling in a bush. Instead of the usual terror I experience with rustling bushes, my thought process went more along the lines of "Is it a dog? A cat? I bet it's a dog." As I walked farther down the sidewalk, nearing the bush, the white thing moved closer to the edge where I'd finally be able to see what it was. And...it wasn't a dog. It was a chicken. 

I will never say Wednesdays are boring ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment