9.29.2016

I AM AN AWKWARD FLUFF OF COTTON CANDY

Ever since I started my new job, I've noticed that I keep using the word "yay." All the time. 

It's probably because I'm still new and not acting completely like myself yet—there's always a bit of transition when being around people you don't know very well for eight hours a day out of nowhere. Oh, and there's the whole,  you-don't-want-them-to-question-why-they-hired-you thing. That too. 

But for some reason, this has resulted in me saying "yay" like a little girl reacting to the news that her mom bought sprinkles to decorate cupcakes, or that her favorite plush unicorn now comes with a shiny, multicolored mane. It's small and falsetto and very unlike me (but not unlike my friend Justin Timberlake) and even after realizing I was doing it I CAN'T STOP. 

"Okay, I think we're done with fixing this problem." 


"You're right! We can help this person!" 


"And with that, you're done with your training!"



Hopefully I can reign this in soon, or I may actually turn into cotton candy and I doubt I would function well in this job without hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment