1.04.2018

INANIMATE OBJECT PATRONUSES

The other night, while forcing my mother to take the quizzes on Pottermore, I had a thought about patronuses that made me laugh--one of those thoughts that no one else probably thinks is funny (this happens a lot). Corporeal patronuses are always these majestic, meaningful, powerful animals (unless you get a salmon) that chase after dementors and save the day, but what if they were just random, ordinary, every-day inanimate objects driving off the horror-inducing personifications of fear and darkness? I found the idea so amusing that I decided to doodle out what would be some of my favorites, if this were how it really worked. Just picture these things going after a horde of swooping, face-sucking dementors and tell me you're not chuckling just a little. 


A bowling ball.



A hanger.


Scissors. 


A tissue box.


A stick.


A sock.


A chair.


A thumbtack.


A waffle iron. 

Wouldn't it have been much more tragically romantic (not sure I really mean that word in this situation, but I digress) if Snape and Lily's patronuses had both been waffle irons? DISCUSS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment