10.30.2017

A DISNEY HALLOWEEN TREAT

I don't normally post real pictures on here, (as in pictures that aren't of weird, doodly things)--actually, I never have, but after our spontaneous Halloween trip to Disneyland last week I just can't help myself. I don't consider myself a photographer by any means, more just someone who takes a few pictures sometimes and kind of knows what I'm doing with a camera--kind of--but man, that land is a magical place. And we had a magical time. Even if it was randomly over 100 degrees EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WERE THERE at the END OF OCTOBER and it was 70 DEGREES THERE BOTH THE ENTIRE WEEK BEFORE WE WENT AND THE WEEK AFTERWARD. IT'S OKAY. I'M FINE. I DIDN'T ALMOST DIE. I DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL. *hides regrets behind my souvenir Mickey Mouse mug* Just kidding, I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible to have regrets when you come home with memories and pictures like these. 


I'm not normally that into Fantasyland, but I came to appreciate it a little more during this trip, and mostly because this carousel is just really cool. 



OH HEY GIANT MICKEY PUMPKIN THAT REMINDED ME OF THE PUMPKIN IN HALLOWEEN TOWN



I think Donald had the best of the festive outfits of all the main Mickey Mouse gang. I mean, HE'S A PUMPKIN. HOW CAN IT GET BETTER. (And can we all just appreciate those barbershop pumpkins in that shop window? Disneyland just gets me, man.) 



Goofy was a close second with this ensemble. 


Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy was making a lot of kids freak out when we were there. They'd come off the ride in tears. I kind of don't blame them--Casper, that ghost is not. 



Glamour shots with R2. 



Tomorrowland is just a really cool place. 



As is Cars Land (probably a cooler place, but don't tell Tomorrowland). 



I ACTUALLY WON THIS GAME THIS TIME. I AM NOT A LOSER. IT IS A MIRACLE. 



Had to get a shot of the infamous "Red Lady" that I thought they were removing/changing this year, but I guess they didn't? She looks the same. I am confused. 



We uncharacteristically decided to go to a meet and greet thing (because it was SO HOT OUTSIDE), and met ourselves a Darth Vader. When we got up to him, he got all up in my face and basically asked me to join the Dark Side, and I couldn't say anything. It was weird. So long story short, we ended up joining the Dark Side because it was too hot outside.



Don't tell Cars Land, but Adventureland is actually my favorite. Okay, actually I can't really choose. I like all of the lands too much. But I've gotta say, Indiana Jones is one dank ride, my friends. 



Hey look! Mary and Bert! I like them!


And finally, I kid you not, this picture was taken as we were leaving the land on our last day. I turned around and Mickey was right behind me, and he waved at me. It was pretty cool. My clothes may have been drenched in sweat, and my earlobes may have been melting off my head, but Mickey waved at me. That's some Disney magic right there if you ask me. 

*cries one silent tear*

(Note: Does anyone else know about Disney Halloween Treat? It was a program they used to run back in the day and my parents taped it on VHS at one point and I'd watch it every year as a kid. In recent years I found it on youtube and have been watching it annually again, and it's just really great. Give it a whirl. Also, you should know that my ringtone has been this from one of the cartoons on Disney Halloween Treat for over two years now because I put it on for Halloween two years ago and have been too lazy to change it ever since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment