2.02.2018

A TRIBUTE TO FEBRUARY, MONTH OF GROUNDHOGS AND HEARTS


Over the last few years, I've really come to enjoy February. I used to think it was the weakest of the months (only 28 days, pssh!) but now I think it's pretty cool. It's the month I met and fell in love with my husband (sorry for the mush), another month that gives us an excuse to purchase and eat chocolates with reckless abandon (all for the celebration of Valentine's Day, of course), and every four years it's like, "Hey guys, here's another day for ya. I'm feelin' generous." (said in a New Yorker mobster accent). But, most important of all, February holds claim to the oddest holiday of the year, one of my favorites, Groundhog Day.


When else to we hoist an obscure rodent up into the air to determine the arrival of warmer weather? Which other holiday is really celebrated for no real reason, and has zero retail presence in any store? And like, I could get my hands on a marmot, invite a few friends to come watch, and chuck it as far as I can in order to determine when the first snow will arrive, but would the whole country pay attention? No. No they would not. But each year they've decided to pay attention to a groundhog named Phil on February 2nd, and I think that's pretty neat. I bet Phil does, too. So, in honor of the noble groundhog, and February, I have made the pattern below. Enjoy. 

(At this point, someone really needs to stop me with these things.)


No comments:

Post a Comment