2.12.2018

#AESTHETIC (WRITTEN TO THE TUNE OF REFLECTION FROM MULAN BY A GIRL WHO WANTS TO BE INSTA-FAMOUS)

Look at me, I may never pass as a perfect 10,
or a perfect blogger.
Can it be, I just lost one more follower?
Now I see, that though I've completely changed myself,
I'll still never be popular.

Why can't I get more likes? A comment or two would be nice.
I thought this minimalist aesthetic would make my grid more cool!
This is all I can aspire to, why would I consider going to school?
Guess I should be more "authentic", cause I'd hate to be a fool!

What's the point, of doing anything at all,
if no one can see it?
Why is it, that they don't think I am "real"?
I'm just me, behind all of this makeup and filtering.
Time to photograph my meal.

Who is that girl I see, staring back in my selfie?
Shouldn't these microbladed brows make me more cool?
Somehow I cannot hide, that my upper lip, has filler inside.
Where's the validation I thought this would provide?

Where's the validation I thought this would provide?

No comments:

Post a Comment