2.26.2018

HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-DISSUADED-FROM-PLAYING-DRESS-UP

I recently finished reading the Harry Potter series. I'd only ever read them all the way through once before when they came out originally, and thought it was about time to give them another go again (it was definitely time) and I couldn't help but think, near the end, about how nearly all of the objects Voldemort chose to use for his Horcruxes are like, things a little girl would wear to play dress up. He's got his necklace, his ring, his little goblet (for tea parties, of course), his TIARA, and he wears Nagini like a regular feather boa for half of the seventh book. Oh, and when he's not playing dress up with most of his Horcruxes, he's writing about the girls he likes in his secret diary. Yep. Thought it was funny, so I drew it. Those with delicate eyes should look away.


You were warned. 

But really though, thoughts on Voldemort: thinking about him this way, and throughout reading the books, there were a lot of times where I was like, he's not really that scary to me. Because he's collecting tiaras and jewelry and hiding behind other people instead of being a man and killing babies he's so desperate and yelling at Dumbledore like an angry toddler when he doesn't approve of him. He's just a coward. 

But then I think about how even though he's really lame and kind of a joke, he still kills people and stuff. So that's actually really scary. And dangerous. And now I'm casting a Fidelius Charm around my house so he can't find me. And hiding in a corner under an Invisibility Cloak. DON'T TELL HIM I DREW THIS PICTURE. I'M PURE BLOOD I SWEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment