4.19.2018

OBSCURE THINGS I HAVE ENJOYED LATELY

You know that thing a lot of people with blogs do where they make a list of things that are "making them happy right now" and it's usually like

"It's so warm outside I think Summer is coming
My new lipstick is amazing
You guys my baby is so cute 
Look at this selfie of me it makes me happy"?

You know that thing? 

Yeah I know that thing too. So I thought I'd share some moments and things that have made me chuckle inwardly and snort with surprised glee lately that do not fall into the categories of things that typically populate these kinds of lists. If you've ever tried to understand my sense of humor, this might be a really good opportunity to do so. 

1. I was at the gym listening to Pandora's "Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout Radio" (I was desperate) and a song I've never heard before came on that said "feat. Sean Paul" on it (which made me laugh in the first place) and I was like, okay, let's see how this goes, and a girl comes in and she's singing along, doing her thing, talking about a woman who has a hard life and stuff, and then Sean Paul comes in out of nowhere and randomly interjects with "DAILY STRUGGLE" in a way that sounds like "#dailystruggle" and I nearly fell off of the elliptical. You can hear it at the link above at about 00:36. You're welcome.

2. I was staying at a hotel recently for a conference I went to for work, and while eating breakfast at the hotel I started thinking about this Key & Peele video my little brother showed me once and I was DYING. Just thinking about it. "Like Gogurt but to stay!" 

3. The other night I thought of the noise of the everlasting gobstopper machine from Willy Wonka because something sounded similar to it and I mentioned this to my husband and he knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and started making the noise. It's the little things, my friends.

4. A few weeks ago while walking into work (when it was still a bit dark out in the mornings), I walked by a rather tall trash can outside of the building I work in, and as I passed it something rustled inside and then jumped out and a duck quacked and took off in flight. As I jumped, startled, and looked over at what had emerged from the garbage, I saw a cat. A cat had been hiding in the trash can, stalking a duck, and then pounced out of it right when I walked by. And then we proceeded to be let out of work early that day because there were crazy fumes going on in our office thanks to maintenance men varnishing the doors right before everyone came in to work. This combination of events will never happen again. 

5. This week I attended an event that included a basketball dunking spectacle, and I thought about how if Rome had had basketball hoops and trained gladiators to be really good at acrobatics and dunking basketballs into those hoops, then they wouldn't have needed to have people kill each other for entertainment. Because basketball dunking is very exciting and people go crazy for it. It could have saved so many lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment